Ashtanga Yoga?

I recently read that Madonna controls her fit body with Ashtanga yoga.. what is that and how do I do it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Its Basicly doing Advanced yoga in a heated room.

• 1 decade ago

You can take an Ashtanga class at most yoga studios. It is a very active and advanced practice(it is not in a heated room). David Swenson is considered to be the best teacher of Ashtanga and also has books and dvd's. Here is his site to learn more. Have fun and namaste!

http://www.ashtanga.net/dev/index.php

Source(s): Certified yoga teacher
  • 3 years ago

many of the various sorts of yoga are very equivalent to different varieties of yoga for the reason that basically all yoga varieties derive maximum of their philosophy from the yoga first based 4000 to 5000 years in the past. classic Hatha Yoga is a holistic yogic direction, inclusive of ethical disciplines, actual workouts (asanas and postures) and Pranayama (breath administration), and meditation. The Hatha yoga predominantly practiced interior the West incorporates in general asanas (postures) and workout. Hatha Yoga is one in each and every of the two branches of Yoga that concentration on the actual way of life, the different one being Raja Yoga. Hatha Yoga seems to concentration specifically on Dhyana (meditation) and Asana. Ashtanga Yoga seems to concentration on the better photograph of yoga and incorporates the different 8 limbs of yoga as set forth by employing Patanjali a number of which comprise concentration, administration of the breath, abstaining from countless issues (violence, mendacity, robbery, and so on), observing specific issues(purity, self, contentment, and so on), great-huge unsleeping state, and at last Moksha or launch. in my view i will trust you that Hatha Yoga is right for beginners. i think of that Ashtanga Yoga is a little extra aggressive and lively and focuses plenty on vinyasa or putting issues jointly...specifically asanas, yet it somewhat is only my own opinion. the extra extreme you get approximately yoga being an entire life-type replace and not purely workout, the extra you will opt to delve into the different aspects in yoga practice. the two Hatha and Ashtanga are appropriate for beginners in case you stumble on the only right suited %. with your respiration.

• 1 decade ago

Check out the website below for some information. You should find what you are looking for there. Hope this helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All I remember is, it has eight divisions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.