Is it possible to believe that God created all things, but that he intended for things to evolve over time?

I don't want people bashing the bible or telling me God doesn't exist. That's not what I'm looking for. If you believe God created all things, tell me why it's NOT possible for him to have intended things evolve over time, because I'm having a difficult time understanding why they have to be conflicting issues.

Favorite Answer

I think it is possible. When I was younger I was taught that God created me and that he had a purpose for my existence. If that is true of me, why can't it be true for everyone and everything? Perhaps God's plan is that some groups evolve over time and adapt to their environment. To my way of thinking he wouldn't be omniscient if he did not put this into our "plans" because he would have had to see that the environment would change and that we would need the tools to change with it or perish entirely.

I don't think they are conflicting issues. I think people are so embroiled over this science vs religion ongoing debate that they don't recognize where the two DO and CAN meet and where they can complement eachother.

Peace!

• Ash

how much of the bible have you read It sais that God created all things as they were. I'm not a christian but it does say that he created the birds to fly in the are and beast to walk the land and fish to swim the seas and then created man in his own image. if you go by the bible then you can believe in micro evolution such as mamoths to elephant and one or two types of dogs to all we today but a total change is not logical in the biblical form of creation. what do you believe man dont believe this 24 hour crap the word the hebrews used for day meant period of time not 24hrs

Any belief is possible, but I believe that God USES evolution as a tool of Creation. It certainly makes more sense to attribute mutations to an intelligent designer than to just say that Chance defied incredible odds to make serial mutations possible. For me, that dawg just don't hunt. Do you have any idea of the statistical improbability of inter species mutation? Write out 10^-29 in longhand and think about what that means.

It is of course the case that God created the world. It's just people with tiny, tiny minds that insist that scientific revelation about the WAY in which God created the world that contradicts the exact wording of ancient metaphorical stories who think that the two are exclusive. Those Christians are the same kind of people who, if they were muslims, would be blowing themselves up in God's name. Ignore the fundamentalists, respect and believe scientists, and love God.

• wgr88

In Gen.it says evening and morning were the first day, evening and morning were the second day, sundown to sundown is 24 hours, that is How God tells us time and on the seventh day He made The Sabbath which is from sundown friday until sundown saturday by the way and the sabbath is God's way of saying lets come and be together, why not visit a seventh day adventist church in your area, find out more free bible lessons www.amazingfacts.org talk to me wgr88@yahoo.com

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • Mr. E

As a believer in creation, there is no doubt that things have evolved over time. Whether that was His intentions or the result of a fallen world I cannot say.

if things evolved over long periods of time, that would mean that there was death before sin. That would be contradictory to what Genesis 1 tells us. God created it and it was VERY good.

• RB

I think the conflict is evolution says we came from a different species, meaning that God didn't create us in His image. Evolution says it just happened after a random series of events.

Well, much more logical than creationism :O

I have a hard time people still believe in that...

At least nearly all scientists have moved on, around 98% accept evolution, either naturalistic or theistic.

• Magus

Its not about God and evolution. It's about the current believes of God vs evolution, those are the ones that do not co-exist.