Parental responsibility orders?

My partner has custody of his daughter who has lived with us now for 3 years. She is allowed to see her mother every other weekend and half of all school holidays. My partner and I have another child together and we are all a happy family. My question is.... Is it possible for me to be granted parental... show more My partner has custody of his daughter who has lived with us now for 3 years. She is allowed to see her mother every other weekend and half of all school holidays. My partner and I have another child together and we are all a happy family. My question is.... Is it possible for me to be granted parental responsibility of his daughter as she lives with me and i make joint and important decisions about her life. I know her biological mother would contest any applications so I just wonder what to do. I want to gain parental responsibility for this child if humanly possible and don't mind a fight! The child in question is 8 years old. Also if anyone knows what it'd cost too (As we'd have to pay!!)

Thanks in advance

Sal x
Update: My partner wants me to have it too!!
11 answers 11