Is St. Patrick Italian?

I was told this but would like to know if it's true

I know for sure that he was not Irish

Favorite Answer

According to the Catholic Church, he was born in Scotland, around the area now known as Kilpatrick ("cell of Patrick") and his parents (Calpurnius and Conchessa) were Romans living in Britain to watch over colonies. Around the age of 14 he was captured as part of a raid and brought to Ireland until he escaped at age 20 back to Britain and his family. After having a prophetic dream he was ordained and eventually became a bishop, upon which time he set out to take the Gospel to Ireland, which at the time was a land of Druids and pagans. He succeeded in converting chietans and entire kingdoms, acquiring a large following of disciples. For 40 years he roamed Ireland converting people wherever he went and built Ireland's first church at Saul, where he later died.

Sorry...I ramble. Yes, St. Patrick is technically Italian, being the son of two Romans.

Source(s): My papa's a folklorist and I am studying to be one...I'm not Catholic but since he is SAINT Patrick one must rely on their tales and legends.

St. Patrick was Italian!

Saint Patrick called himself a Roman and a Briton, which would make him Italian and British.

he was actually Scot, Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland,

died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 493.

Irish

• cj k

He was not Italian, he was born in what is now England, captured as a slave and taken to Ireland.

The day is celebrated in Ireland - was he roman catholic do you think?

• murnip

No he was Welsh or Scottish, depending on your sources

Maybe Irish!!