does any one know who was part of the rock and roller cola wars?"?

and by any chance the songs used they sung on the commercials. am doing project for work that i would like to know this information.

Favorite Answer

The only ones I remember are Michael Jackson (Pepsi) and Paula Abdul (Diet Coke). I doubt you will be able to find everyone involved.

Here's some more info I found:

"In the 1960's, the cola ad wars moved to television. Coca-Cola employed a host of celebrity singers to promote the product, including Connie Francis , Tom Jones, The New Beats, Nancy Sinatra, and The Supremes.

In the 1980's, Pepsi lined up the celebrities, starting with Michael Jackson, then Madonna, Michael J. Fox, Billy Crystal, Lionel Ritchie, Gloria Estefan, Joe Montana, and others. Coke signed on Michael Jordan, New Kids on the Block, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, and Paula Abdul."

DAVID BOWIE AND TINA TURNER DOING "MODERN LOVE" AND ROBERT PLANT DOING "TALL COOL ONE"

EACH FOR COCA COLA (I BELEIVE)

MICHAEL JACKSON DID "BILLIE JEAN" (at least it sounded like the music) FOR PEPSI...

who knows who cares