Why is it that humanity is so quick to condemn Christianity?

Those of us who think about the origin and meaning of life, who bother to research ideas, challenge the establishment and work out our own destiny are so quickly dismissed. If science has enough trouble crossing species in a controlled laboratory, which ALWAYS turn out to be sterile, how can evolution be true? What are the odds? And why is it that, left to itself, any species of life ALWAYS produces its own Kind?

Best Answer

Perhaps it is the misconception that because we believe in God we can make all the ills of the world right. Of course, we cannot. Perhaps it is that a few FFC's come across as possessing the right to judge others sins...they do NOT have that right...ignore them.

The Skeptical Christian

Grace and Peace

PEG

Because that is what they have been taught and they will condemn us for being brainwashed but when you learn some real, TRUE facts that science is providing EVERY day...THERE IS NO, I REPEAT, NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT EVOLUTION CAN BE TRUE...even Darwin himself said that "IF" his theory was right then there would be proofs of that found in the near future...but just the opposite is what is happening. I have a 4 yr degree in Biology and had to sit through hours of lectures listening to them drone on and on about that 'fact' that we came from an ape. I also went to a private school 2nd through 9th grade and was not only taught Creation but also Evolution and where it's wrong...A single protein for instance, has never just evolved (even with the help of some of the most 'learned' scientists)...let alone an entire organism. The fossil record PROVES every day that there are NO cross over organisms...not to mention species.

What about the Muslims and others. Cristian's have been condemning for a long time. By the way only satan can condemn. John 3:17 Romans 3:8 I see people of every faith here condemning each other, not all but some.

• Medusa

I do not condemn christianity soley because of it's refusal to accept science. In fact that is only a small part of my problem with that religion. I condemn christianity for it's refusal to admit it's own past, for it's arrogance, it's disrespect for others and it's blatant creation of hostility in it's members. I also believe that you are overstating this condemnation that you feel. Christianity has been the "ruling" religion for many a century now. The fact that we are "evolving" past it's antiquated and atrocious beliefs is a sign of hope for me personally.

BTW your science and logic are faulty and it appears that you have been studying biased christian propaganda regarding evolution. You seem to be genuinely interested...I would suggest reading some Dawkins. Good stuff and I don't think it will shake your faith, but it will give you a better understanding of the basics of evolution. Evolution does not mean that there is no God. Is your God not eternal? Time is a human construct, is it not? Why could evolution not be the very means of creation? God belief and evolutionary belief do not preclude nor oppose one another except in the minds of men.

I started writing a long thing about evolution, but it doesn't matter what I say to you. You don't want it to be true because it would be in conflict with your beliefs and you are very threatened. Evolution is fact. with physical evidence to support it. Christianity is faith. If you want to follow your faith, I have no problem. If you don't want people to personally condemn you, try being more tolerant of there beliefs. If you believe that strongly don't let the facts get in the way, just don't expect others to be tolerant of intolerance.

Christianity places humanity on the very proper of the record. Jesus suggested there is not any more advantageous love than for a guy to position down his life for yet another. Christians do not condemn everybody to burn and struggle through for eternity.Christians are people too, who in person-friendly words with assistance from the grace of Jesus Christ are restored to God and an eternity in paradise. God suggested all have sinned and fall short, no longer Christians, God provides you a way out, in case you opt for now to not take it, or ridicule it as fallacy, you do not have any individual to blame yet your self. even as is the most suitable time one in all those logical human loving Atheist suffered unspeakable soreness and absence of life even even if they were risk free, in simple terms to save yet another human(s)?

Mosiah 3:19

19. For the natural man is an enemy to God ,and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love...

Research ideas? They were handed to you on a plate, called the Bible. You don't bother 'researching', you follow someone elses' book.

Challenge the establishment? For two thousand years, you have been the establishment!

Quick to condemn Christianity? There hasn't been a faith on this world which ever caused the havoc that Jesus did!

• eri

Define a kind. Then go ask a biologist what a 'kind' is. The trouble is, there's no hard definition of what a kind is, and they've been arguing about it for years. Yes, no dog will give birth to a cat. That would DISPROVE evolution. A dog will give birth to something extremely similar to a dog. And over thousands of generations, you can go from a wolf to a pug. And who knows from here, really.

Maybe you should look up what evolution is. You seem confused. What ideas are you reseaching, exactly? Care to elaborate on your methods?

Society isn't quick to condemn Christianity, it's quick to condemn anything other than Christianity. Christianity doesn't offer all the answers and neither does science. I think they both have pro and cons.