When I highlight the previous addressees & delete the entire email is deleted. What do I do to save the orig?

Favorite Answer

When you highlight the addresses-----(make sure it's only the addresses)-----you press the delete key on the KEYBOARD---NOT the delete tab on the screen.

The delete tab on the screen (if that's the one you hit) would send everything to the trash. Maybe you could still find the original there.

Only the outgoing mail is changed.

The original is never altered. So--if you make a mistake while editing within the activated window, just close the forwarding window and start again.

I have done that in the past when forwarding. When highlighting, be careful not to go past the last name you are deleting. That's what I was doing. Now, I just do a block at at time to make sure I don't go too far.