What makes a Toyota Tacoma a TRD Off Road?

My 2000 Toyota Tacoma Has no TRD stickers on it but it has a Factory locking differential, with the factory push button in the cab. I wanna know if that makes my truck a TRD.

Best Answer

The TRD package had different items included in different years.

From Toyota it was known as package code "OF" and in 2000 it came with:

Rear differential lock, 31" x 10.5" tires, front and rear alloy wheels with 15" diameter rims and 7.0" width rims, wheel opening moldings, black overfender wheel arch molding, logo/graphics exterior decoration, TRD badging, heavy duty alternate suspension; excludes: [KX] full color keyed package (Xtracab); includes: [TA] tachometer; requires: [FD] 4-Wheel Demand (4X4 V6)

Note that the suspension is going to be Bilstein on the TRD.

The problem is that Toyota sold a lot of these items as seperate options over the years and a lot of people have certain components with just a TRD sticker added in.

The only way to truly tell if you have the full TRD package is to have a dealer pull up the option list on the VIN of your truck. They can tell you if it came from the factory with that option code. However in 95% of circumstances, if you have an e-locker, you have a TRD package.

If you want to read all the ins and outs of the package and identifying marks, read this:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.ph...

Pete

Trd Off Road Stickers

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): toyota tacoma trd road: https://shortly.im/u673d
  • binnix

Trd Off Road Decal

The TRD Off Raod package includes the SR5 Package #2 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models).

In my opinion the drivetrain, suspension and wheels/tires elements make it worth the price.

Source(s): toyota.com
  • Betty

Call Toyota sales.

DIFFERENT TRD OFF ROAD AND TRD SPORT?

The only thing that makes it a TRD from the factory is the suspension and the stickers

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avE9v

yes the guy that works next to me just bought a 2007

For the most part shocks bilstein and bigger tires better rims

Source(s): Toyota Master Tech