Is Azreal the angel that turned into the Devil?

Favorite Answer

No, big no! Azreal is the Angel of Death.

And also , It was Iblis , who did not bow down and show respect to prophet Adam {SA} when he was created and Allah {STW} told to Angels to show respect to him, and Iblis was among the Angels, yes, but he was a Jinn. The Jinns are basically sprite like creatures, who too are also judged by Allah {STW} like the mankind. The Horrorific title such as Shaitan (Satan in english) was given to Iblis. Please, I incrouge you to do more reseach.

No. Azrael is an angel of death, but not "the Devil"

What you refer to as "The Devil" is Satan, originally Samael, and as pointed out, he still does God's will.

Any fallen angel is a devil in Christian mythology.

Nope, azrael is a true angel and messenger of allah. He is the angel of death. Could be the grim reaper for christians for all I know. But I do not view him as such inshallah. What he does is give revelation and then takes it away. The plot involved is a proof to see whom will submit to the will of allah. A true definition of a jihad.

"And as they plot, verily allah plots too. But they know not"-qu'ran

Present party included. PEACE!

The angel's name is Samael...It is still an angel of God doing God's bidding. There is no 'devil', ie independent force for evil in opposition to God.

I believe Azreal is a higher demon that guards one of the seven gates of hell....

Good name for a rock band though.....

And wans't he the cat on the smurfs?

• Jan P

No it was Lucifer aka....satan and the devil.