Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 decade ago

Want to know if Express Financial Group is a legit company. Located at 440 Spencer Ave.,Ste 404 Calgary AB?

Ph# 1-403-400-2360. I received a check from them on March 13th 2007. It seems like a scam and I'm not the one to play with. Don't insult my intelligence. I'm going to investigate them. Every time I call they are assisting other customers and I can't leave a message because the voice mail is full. They open up at 10 a.m. and I will be calling them back. Talking about some kinda lottery I won from MEGA 2000 held in London, England. They say my name was one of the names picked via a computer ballot drawing. I don't even know how they got my name. Anybody who finds out anything please e-mail vlock4165@yahoo.com. THANKS

Favorite Answer

This is absolutely a scam... I just took a complaint from a citizen regarding the same thing, except they show an address in Winnipeg instead of Calgary. Report to local authorities or destroy it!

Illinois police officer

I received a check from them on today March 20, 2007, and it is dated March 14, 2007. I actually thought it was real for a second and even put the check in the bank. When I got home my husband told me about a scam. I called them back to ask, and they told me to call back in 10 minutes because they were "busy". Well guess what? When I called back they had an answering machine, and I tried to call them back a bunch of times, and I got the same thing. The number I have is 1-204-962-8656 and the address was 1240 awson Blvd., Ste 400, Winnipeg, MB. The business was Mega 2000 form London, England. The agent was Express Financial Group. I just want to let you all know that there are 5 people right here out of "18 International Winners". There must be hundreds of people that this has happened to.

It is Thursday, March 15, 2007 and I to received a letter and a check today. The only difference was an address of 1340 Gateway Blvd., Ste 400, Edmonton, AB and a different phone # of 1-780-604-3915 otherwise everything else was exact. I am going to contact the Attorney General's office tomorrow and thought I would suggest this to all that receive anything from this company. My guess is that this probably is a scam. Do not cash the check as this might just be a way for them to get your account # for your bank account after it's been cashed. It is unfortunate that there are such cruel people out there looking to scam money from innocent people but trust me it happened to me once before!!! Please be CAREFUL!

I recieved a check and a letter too. It was dated for March 14th and I recieved it yesterday March 20th.The address is 240 spencer Blvd. ste 404 Calgary,AB. the number is 1-403-383-3605. Its says that the claim agent is Chris Walker. I was very excited when i got it but i got a little scared this morning. So I called the number and Chris Walker answered the phone, i asked him what this was all about and he said congratulations, just deposit the money in your bank account and withdraw the money out. he told me to call him back when i have the money in my hand. So i said then what do i do? And he was like just call back and we will give you further intructions. I'm starting to think this is a scam because of all the different addresses and numbers. but i did deposit the money and i will take it out then call the number back. I want to follow through to see if this is real or not. If anyone else has done this already and knows the real answer, please email me at a.kayalath@comcast.net. thanks

I received the same letter. I have been trying to reach them and their voice mail is full and they do not call back. The name on my letter is Jennifer Brown. I think it is a scam as well. Let me know if you find out anything? I received my letter on March 12, 2007

email txsweetx@yahoo.com

Hi I recieved a check in the mail today on the 16th, I called and spoke with a lady and I went to the bank and deposited the check. As far as sending them any money in order to get 120,000 winning I am trying to check them out. If I can't get any info on them than I am still ahead of the game by almost 3,000.If you find anything out Please let me know.

I also have the same thing you all do Dated March 14 from David Rogers . But he said send it Weastern Union NOT a Money order? Whats that all about Good luck everyone.

Well I got one too! Mine was dated March 12, 2007. The letter says "shared among (Eighteen) international winners". Counting me that's 4 of us that has posted here. I was going to go to my local PD, but if you have gone to the Attorney General, that's even better. Please feel free to contact me at mogeyboy@aol.com and please put in subject "IMPORTANT - MEGA 2000" so I be sure to read it. I'd love to keep in touch about this everyone. Thank you.

Sounds like a scam to me.