Who else misses President Ronald Reagan?

Even though I've moved over to Europe, I still keep Ronald Reagan stamps in my wallet. I miss those days when he was President, and no matter where you travelled around the world people respected the U.S. It was a happier time, and when Reagan was in the White House, you could feel hope for the future in the... show more Even though I've moved over to Europe, I still keep Ronald Reagan stamps in my wallet. I miss those days when he was President, and no matter where you travelled around the world people respected the U.S. It was a happier time, and when Reagan was in the White House, you could feel hope for the future in the air, even if you didn't agree with all his policies.

I remember taking a trip to the small Bolivian town of Cochabamba, and a young boy across the street, noticing I must be American, flashed a big smile at me and said, "Ronald Reagan #1"

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?
Update: David R: your comment exemplifies Liberal simplistic thinking. Did it ever occur to you there were very good reasons to oppose MLK day? First was his legendary abuse of women. The FBI wrote of King: “orgiastic and adulterous escapades, some of which indicated that King could be bestial in his sexual abuse of... show more David R: your comment exemplifies Liberal simplistic thinking. Did it ever occur to you there were very good reasons to oppose MLK day? First was his legendary abuse of women. The FBI wrote of King: “orgiastic and adulterous escapades, some of which indicated that King could be bestial in his sexual abuse of women”

Also, besides Christmas and Washington's birthday (which has now been demoted to "Presidents Day", there is NO FEDERAL HOLIDAY that celebrates one individual. Just because MLK was black, you think he should be given some special consideration? Isn't that racist?????

As for South Africa, look at the pitiful state it is in. It used to be prosperous, stable, and safe. Now it is in deplorable condition. Rather than blindly turn the country over to the ANC, they should have shared power with the previous government, and simply abolished apartheid.