Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

Typing question?

Hello everybody i want to learn how to type like a professional but im on a low budget i was wondering if anybody knew of a place where i can learn at little or no cost.

Favorite Answer

I suggest you the free online typing course from ...

http://www.goodtyping.com/

It is the best one to learn from the beginning. It's fast and easy. To sum up...

- Learn how to type correctly in just a few hours using all your fingers.

- You will soon be typing faster than you ever imagined.

- 27 guided lessons to learn step-by-step from the beginning.

- Choose between 18 different keyboard layouts to learn

- Web-based course. No downloads required.

Yahoo has a game that you can play online, that will help you with your typing skills. It's called "Typershark"...you can play online without downloading anything.

I have used it quite often to hone my skills. It will give you the chance to work on your finger placement, with simple words to type, but it also will challenge you with numbers and symbols.

I have also previously used the software called "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing". When I used it, it was free, but I think these days you can download it for $20 - $30.

It's true what upper said. All you need is some decent software, since you already have a computer. If you get bored easily, they have many entertaining programs targeted towards kids that work just as well for adults. Also, your local library may have info about free typing classes they offer, i know mine does.

If you go to this site then you can download a program for beginners. You can also download a program to make your computer sound like a typwriter. Hope this helps.

buy typing games or software. Not expensive and will teach you.

Practice, practice practice. There are many websites to help you.

Practice, practice practice!!!