stayc
stayc asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Child Support.....?

I know there are many of us parents raising kids on our own. I have 2 sons with 2 fathers. My first sons father does not pay and I am constantly on the system for help. My second sons father only helps bear minimum. I know we all can think of constructive ways to push on the system for help. In illinois, the chils support law for 1 child is 20% of net. I dont know about you all but thats about my gas a week taking my sons to school, practices, boy scouts ect.

Please help me reach out- With all of us, some way some how we can be heard. 20% is nothing. Anyone have ideas, thoughts anything to share so we can actually move forward.

Before anyone gets negative opinions here- ive tried the joint custody thing- both have moved out of state. Complaining about getting anything at all- I understand alot of women dont- I HAVE 1 SON I GET NOTHING FOR- but its not the fact of being appriciative its the fact of what is right! I take responsibility for my kids. I take care of my kids. This is for single parents- men, women, whatever! There is something that needs to be done.