Are Alberto Gonzales' days, as Attorney General, numbered?

Is the recent debacle by the Justice Department enough to cost the Attorney General his Cabinet position? Will Bush give him a free pass and simply blame it on politics as usual?

Attorney General Gonzalez says he will only resign if President Bush asks him to do it.

When it comes to Bush doing the right thing, what lessons did we learn from former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's tenure and subsequent resignation?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe Alberto is a good guy, but his position as attorney general is a conflict of interest to his political connection to bush. After that memo and unchecked abuses by the FBI, he should step down.

What DID we learn from former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's tenure and subsequent resignation?

That it takes an election to remove him.

• 1 decade ago

Bush will cave in to the democrats on this, just like he has on everything else. it seems when it comes to standing behind his people, the only ones he is interested in aiding are the same ones who have been calling him stupid, incompetent and other such epithets for the last 7 years. I think his legacy will be as "The Great Appeaser".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did you know that Reno purged all federal prosecutors by order of Clinton?

This is all just politics.

• John
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

And then you'll scream at Bush for "pushing him out"

There is no pleasing you people

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Alberto is safe. This is all crap and the every one knows it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO. //read this// http://www.judicialwatch.org/durbkencomplaint.shtm...

Should these 2 stay

Source(s): From the Heart
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.