Would you use an online English tutor?

I'm trying to start a new business as an online English tutor. Have you ever used such a service, and is it worth pursuing as a potential business?

Best Answer

Personally I think it would difficult to sell.

1) For students who need help, going onto the computer and getting the answer isn't going to help them learn anything. If I didn't want to put any work into anything, I would hire a tutor just so I could get the answers!

2) English is TOUGH. Unless someone already has a grip on the language, it's hard to teach the basic rules. It's like trying to teach Japanese to someone over the internet. Language is tough unless you KNOW how to learn or have the basics down.

3) Why tutoring as opposed to editing? Personally I would find more use from an editor than a tutor. I'm about to start my Thesis, and I've already lined up three different editors to go over my work once it's completed.

I would definitely use an online English tutor. It's easier than talking to someone face to face.

I wouldn't personally (because I'm an English major) but if I were struggling I would probably rather go to someone online rather than in person because it's more anonymous.

Well my brother did take some English courses online so I guess you could start that buisness if you're any good at English or whatever you're teaching.

It sounds like an excellent thing to do for someone to have the advantage of learning a language, all not even having to leave the house. its a great idea you have. wishing you luck. bettyk

HELL YES, I did and I loved it! You can leave them whenever you feel like it but they are a great help when you need them. Do you want a tutor? I can be one!

I Would I Think,

people might think your a purv or something but u arent , Right ?

Lol