Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Other singers??

What are some other singers in the past similar in sound and genre to frank sinatra? I'm looking for older artists and songs that people enjoy :) Thank you!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ray
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Frankie Laine, Tony Bennett & Sammy Davis Jr. are probably the closest in style. Other great singers who were his contemporaries include Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Mel Torme and Andy Williams. Bobby Darin was about 20 years younger & did both early rock n roll style as well as the "swingin' " Sinatra style. A very good British singer from the 50s & 60s who had a hit with one of the same songs as Sinatra - Softly As I Leave You - was Matt Monro. A current guy who has been around for awhile now is Harry Connick Jr. For older singing groups, I like the Mills Brothers & the Ink Spots.

If you have the Sirius music channels on satellite or cable, tune into Siriusly Sinatra and you will hear all kinds of great oldtime singers, both male & female.

• 1 decade ago

Tony Bennett

Perry Como

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

older singers mmm

dean martin

Bing Crosby

Frank Oldfield

lefty frizzle

Sammy Davis Jr

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bobby Darin

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dean Martin is one of my favorites, Nat Cole and even Wayne Newton although not quite as old as Dean and Frank.

• 1 decade ago

Perry Como, maybe Dean Martin, Bobby Darren Andy somebody his last name is on the tip of my tounge sorry it's not on my finger tips

• 1 decade ago

ok so i am the braces person and i have some more questions so will you email me at blondie10825@yahoo.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.