What do you believe in: evolution, intelligent design or creationism?

I'm just curious what everyone thinks. The general idea of the theories is:

--evolution - everything evolved into what it is now

--intelligent design - speculates that things are just too complex, therefore there must be a "designer", it does not state that the designer is god or any other being.

--creationism - the theory of the bible

Favorite Answer

I believe that God was the big bang. Evolution took over from there and God walked away.

Evolution is not a belief system. It is an observed process. It is supported by evidence.

Intelligent Design and "Scientific" Creationism are not theories. In order to be a theory, they must make testable predictions, but they do not. They are merely politically motivated doctrines which were devised to sneak religion into US public schools. Despite the courts shooting them down as unscientific, they have followers, some of whom treat them as religions.

It should be noted that other doctrines bearing the name Creationism exist and some are fully compatible with evolution since they are religious doctrines that do not pretend to be science.

Intelligent Design is Creationism in a mask. Neither idea has any merit or evidence to back it up.

I don't believe in Evolution. I accept it as a fact in the same way I accept Gravity.

Creationism - numerous individuals declare you would be able to desire to be ignorant to have faith in Creationism, yet I ensue to be a o.k. stated clever guy or woman who chooses Creationism over evolution and clever layout. i'm no longer a descendant of a darn ape!

• eri

It's more a matter of accepting the facts than belief. And all facts point towards evolution.

I like my "beliefs" backed up with evidence. Evolution is the only one that isn't ENTIRELY speculation.

Evolution doesn't require "belief" or "faith", it is what it is. All evidence points toward it, and the fact that one believes or doesn't believe in it doesn't change the fact that it is true.

As a Deist I believe in intelligent design. No evolutionist has been able to explain to me how information got encoded in all living cells. Information suggests intelligence. (They all just give me thumbs down when I bring it up)

BTW, micro-evolution is a fact, not a belief.

If you are willing to follow the evidence, no "belief" is involved. The evidence is overwhelming for the ToE.

I believe in creationism because of my heart. I dont know of anything else that can give you a Heart and the brain and the human body.