Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

dog laugh??

i once heard that when a dog sneezes/snorts they are laughing. is this true? everytime i play with my dog with her toys, she gets really excited and jumps around. also when we play, she sneezes alot. is she laughing?

Favorite Answer

NO, you can tell 100% when your dog is laughing or smiling. It is so wonderful that you cant miss it!

A sneeze is a sneeze. But if it doesn't sound quite like a sneeze, I'd say yes, a laugh is probably what it is. Dogs communicate with sniffs, shaking their ears and blowing air out of their noses to make sounds.

Somebody was pulling your leg. When a dog sneezes, they are sneezing. When they snort, they probably are allergic to something. Dogs do not have the capability to laugh. Snicker behind your back, yes... laugh, no.

No, a sneeze is a clearing of the upper respiratory system, which is common in all mammals. I would love it if dogs would laugh though, it would be so cool. Best of luck to you.

Source(s): I'm a paramedic in Iraq

No she is allergic to something. My poodle used to sneeze all the time and had post nasal drip. Dogs have very similiar health issues to humans. I am sure with his body language and tail and his eyes,,he is loving every second of your time together. Enjoy her.

Sounds like it to me! My dog will do this on command. I look at him and say "achoo". He sneezes back. He will only do it three or four times before it becomes boring to him, but it DOES sound like he's laughing!

Well, scientifically, no, she is just sneezing, etc. But personally, I do think that dogs find things amusing from time to time.

• mo

Not laughing, just plain old sneezing.

omg! I never knew why that was!! lol!! when dogs are excited they do sneeze alot (so cute)!

I believe it was a joke, I think when they sneeze, it's some kind of internal reaction to them being excited.

Source(s): I love dogs!
  • maslo

If his mouth is open and he seems to be giggling, and it is not warm, then it is going to no longer be too difficult to choose. you may no longer tell if a canines is happy merely by way of a wagging tail. you may desire to spend greater time gaining expertise of canines physique language. then you certainly would not be so perplexed as to what your canines is asserting. maybe that's why he's so nasty and aggressive and peeing throughout your place. you do no longer spend the time to appreciate him.