How come when i use my tv remote to change channels,the tv turns off?

whenever i turn tv on and change channels with remote after about 30 second to a minute later the tv turns itself off, and when i turn it back on the channels are not autotuned and its on cable instead of antenna tv can someone tell me why?

it is not a universal remote, its the remote that came with tv, no cable, vcr or dvd connected to it, just a anntenna to the back of tv

Best Answer

What happens when you turn your TV on manually (the power button on the TV)? If the problem occurs when you do this it can be the power supply in the TV itself (since your channels have to be re programed). If your TV turns off with the remote when you change channels it could be the batteries in the remote (change the batteries). So, I would say it is the power supply in the TV. One more thing it can be and most customers have this problem. Check to make sure the sleep timer is off in the menu. If the TV turn off exactly 30 minutes then your TVs sleep mode is set to 30 minutes which will make the TV turn off..I hope this helps

How long have u had the remote, if u haven't had it that long and still have the box try 2 return it, if it has been awhile maybe it is a cheep remote or is getting 2 old...

Is it a universal remote? Is there a "macro" key? If so, it may have had a macro programmed into it. a macro is a command which does multiple functions by only touching one button.

I'll bet it's a PHILLIPS TV isn't it......

Seen that before....

Time to replace the SSB board, 99% of all faults are the SSB board

Source(s): 24 years servicing TV sets......

cuz ur remote sucks lol

because its a turn off! nehahahahahaha!

hi i'm joe who are you