How can I lower my electric bill?

Here is the deal. My last month statement meter reading was 22542. I just got my bill in and this month was 25652 (a whopping 3110 kw/h used). This is the MOST it has EVER been (including the winter). I went to check my meter today and it is at 26932 (1280 kw/h used so far). It does not say the date the meter... show more Here is the deal. My last month statement meter reading was 22542. I just got my bill in and this month was 25652 (a whopping 3110 kw/h used). This is the MOST it has EVER been (including the winter). I went to check my meter today and it is at 26932 (1280 kw/h used so far). It does not say the date the meter was checked. These are the things that are run, on, or plugged in ALL the time:
Appliances
Computer
Televisions
Game systems (X-box 360, Wii, Playstation 3)
Treadmill
Fish Tank

I use natural lighting (windows and open doors) for light during the day and most of the time the only lights on in the house after dark are the fish tank and a lamp (60 watt bulb). I open the windows (because it is so nice outside). The heater only comes on for 6 hours at night to keep the house warm enough for the kids.

How can I lower the electric bill so that it is better for the environment and saves me money?

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!
Update: The entire house is electric. We don't have an attic or basement. I wash 5-6 loads of laundry (family of 4) once a week.