Anyone who has had gallbladder surgery, what can u eat until surgery?

also can I have shrim sauce in moderation? I have been eating a bland diet--chicken, potatoes..

I meant Shrimp Sauce

Favorite Answer

stay on the bland diet. no spicy food, and i would avoid fried food. bake what you can.

These brief details may be of interest, so I add them as well as answering your stated question.- Open cholecystectomy is the removal of the gall bladder and stones through an incision below the right ribs at the front of the body. There is another method which is Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (key-hole) this is the removal of the gall bladder and stones through a tiny incision at the navel, with the aid of a camera. An x-ray can be performed during surgery to ensure there are no stones in the bile ducts. When the gall bladder is removed, bile drains from the liver to the digestive system when needed. It is normal to be allowed to consume solid food and drink up to 6 hours before operation. From that time you are not normally allowed anything by mouth.

Hope this helps

Matador 89