what is the difference between google earth and google earth pro

i heard that it updates more regularly

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have the Google Earth Pro trial version and it really seems like the picture quality is much higher than the normal version, this could be due to the fact that Pro users take priority over normal users because they are paying, and the updates just take longer to get to the free users.

I just did some research and found this on the google site:

Free Version: Google Earth combines the power of Google Search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.

Plus Version: Upgrade to Google Earth Plus to add GPS device support, faster performance, the ability to import spreadsheets, and higher resolution printing.

Pro Version: Need Google Earth for your organization? Google Earth Pro is the ultimate research, presentation, and collaboration tool for location-specific information.

Obviously this doesn't tell us much about why Pro is so expensive, so if you dig a little deeper you will find that:

With Google Earth Pro, it’s easy to research locations and present your discoveries. In just a few clicks, you can import site plans, property lists or client sites and share the view with your client or colleague. You can even export high-quality images to documents or the web.

Whether you’re in commercial real estate, insurance or media, Google Earth Pro lets you represent geo-specific information to full dramatic effect.

Share your Google Earth views and data representations with your clients as a KML, Google Earth‘s original file format. With your upgraded Pro subscription, you get additional measurement tools (square feet, mile, acreage, radius and so on), so simply select the points on the screen using your mouse and let Google Earth calculate the rest.

So in conclusion google earth pro is more business oriented and includes communication and presentation tools to halp you relay terrainfo to clients and closer view which parts of the world are open to commerce and industry.

Hope this helps! Check out my source here, it may help.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.