oilerfan asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

When changing airlines in London do your bags need rechecking in, or do they go to your destination with you?

The flights are from Vancouver, Canada (Air Canada) transferring to Lisbon, Portugal (TAP).

Favorite Answer

YES !

I'm pretty sure that when your ticket is set up that you change flights your bags get sent there too. Although sometimes they do get lost so make sure you have like an extra pair of clothing in your travel bag that you can take on the plane with you.

Yes, when you check in in Vancouver they will tell you if your luggage is checked in all the way to Portugal. If not, it's not a major hassle. When you land in London, make your way to baggage reclaim, then head to departures and check in your bags.

I've gone through London on the way to elsewhere and my bags followed me without re-checking in.

Normally your bags are changed over for you but i would ask when checking in just incase.

Have a great trip.

that depends upon what you instructed the check-in counter at your starting place. If you asked them for through-check-in, you don't have to re-check in your baggage at London, they will be transported directly to the final destination.