Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

sugar asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

I need the translation of a french song by julio iglesias called Ne t'en va pas je t'aime?

its from his 1978 album aimer la vie..

i have the lyrics in french but i need the translation in english :)

so all you french / french speaking people help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx alot

merci

Update:

thanx guys but i need the translation to the whole song lyrics :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

The translation is: Don't go away, I love you'.

JULIO IGLESIAS

NE T'EN VA PAS, JE T'AIME

(Don't leave, I love you)

C'est ta grande valise, celle des longs voyages. -- It's your big suitcase, the one for (that of) long journeys

Tu ne m'avais rien dit, tu manquais de courage... --- You didn't tell me a thing, you lacked courage (you weren't brave enough )

Tu étais à mes pieds et te voilà rebelle, --- you used to be at my feet and here you are, a rebel

mais, quand tu es blessée, tu es encore plus belle. -- but when you are hurt, you are even more beautiful

Ainsi tu partais, ainsi tu m'abandonnes -- thus you left, thus you abandon me

et, come une épave, sans rien dire à personne. -- And like debris, without a word to anyone

Mais c'est la providence qui veillait sur moi; --- but the heavens were watching over me

encore deux minutes, et tu n'étais plus là. --- 2 more minutes, and you were no longer there (gone)

Ne t'en va pas! Je t'aime! (Ne t'en va pas! Je t'aime!)

Laisse moi me défendre! Ne me condamne pas! Tu dois d'abord m'entendre! --- let me defend myself! don't condemn me! you have to hear me out first!

Donne moi une chance! Tu tiens notre existance dans la balance. --- give me a chance! you have us hanging on a thread

Va ranger ta valise. Écoute moi un peu! --- go put away your suitcase, listen to me a bit

Je ne suis pas coupable... Crois moi si tu le veux... --- i'm not guilty, believe me if you wish

Ne reste pas comme ça, sans rien faire ni rien dire... --- don't stay like that, doing nothing, saying nothing

Regarde moi en face! Je ne sais pas mentir. --- look at me (look me in the eye?) i don't know how to lie

Laisse moi me défendre! Ne me condamne pas! Tu dois d'abord m'entendre!

Donne moi une chance! Tu tiens notre existance dans ta balance.

ALBUM: AIMER LA VIE (1978)

• 5 years ago

Julio Iglesias Songs Lyrics

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Thank you! Very informative and gives me better knowledge on the topic

• 1 decade ago

Don't go I love you!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Don't go, I love you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.