Do ever just want to start your life over and leave the past behind?

Sometimes that's all I want to do. Given my circumstances, I think it may be best. I'm a transsexual... my mother loves me but doesn't take it seriously, my father is sometimes mocking, sometimes unresponsive to my transition. I've notified my workplace that I'm going to be living as a woman... show more Sometimes that's all I want to do. Given my circumstances, I think it may be best.
I'm a transsexual... my mother loves me but doesn't take it seriously, my father is sometimes mocking, sometimes unresponsive to my transition.
I've notified my workplace that I'm going to be living as a woman fulltime starting in May... my boss was reasonably cool with it, but warned me many there may not be as tolerant.
All of my old friends I met when I was still a guy have distanced themselves from me... you know, the old excuses: "people drift apart over time..." not if they were ever really friends they don't!
I have made some really good friends since transitioning as a woman, true.

But I don't know if there's anything worth salvaging from my current life. Is it sometimes better to make a clean start? Should I move across country when I'm living fulltime as a woman, so people will know me only that way? It'd make finding a good job and relationship so much easier.