I have the newest version of Itunes, but for some reason it won't shut down without giving me an error messege

After I see the message I clicked on more info and this is what is shown:

Error Signature

App Name: Itunes.exe

Appver: 7.1.0.59

Modname: Unknown

Offset:e9ba10ac

The message constantly comes on now when about a week ago maybe it did it about once a week. I have uninstalled itunes and quicktime and reinstalled both, but I still have the same problem. I also tried to downgrade to Itunes 6, but I message that says something about a newer version was at some point installed. What do you guys suggest?

Also does anyone know a free program that will play my Itunes playlists & streams without hooking up my ipod?

Just so you guys know I have unistalled the new version and I tried to go back to old version, but but the old version of itunes will not install because it sees that at some point a newer version of Itunes had been installed. Even though the newer version is not installed the old version will not install either.

Favorite Answer

Try the older version...that might work better..