If more neo-cons would enlist in the military, would there be a need to lower the standards for enlistment?

And if they did, then maybe there are not as many neo-cons as we have been led to believe there are?

Oh, and by the way, I was in Iraq, March 2004 to March 2005, with the 39th Brigade, Arkansas Army National Guard.
Update: I served the first time from 1972 to 1974., US Army Medic, Airborne, right out of high School. I tried the USMC, but I could read and write and I know who my daddy is. I then got out, went National Guard, so that I could serve, but stay at home to help my parents at home. I was MP for one year, then Special Forces... show more I served the first time from 1972 to 1974., US Army Medic, Airborne, right out of high School. I tried the USMC, but I could read and write and I know who my daddy is. I then got out, went National Guard, so that I could serve, but stay at home to help my parents at home. I was MP for one year, then Special Forces for two years. Took a ten year break, re-uped for extra money and also to serve my country, if we had to go to war again. Desert Storm happened, and I served in Southwest Asia for eight months. Got out, went back to work. Through the Army National Guard I was able to support fire fighters when they fought forest fires, flood relief, and huricane relief. I then volunteered for OIF II, even though I was against it, because I am a meric, and saving lives is not about politics, it is about human decency. I was recently discharged because I am very simply to old according to the National Guard. I joined the guard, because we get to do a lot of things to help in the community.
Update 2: Oh, by the way. I am voting for McCain if he gets the nomination. He is the only real veteran that is running. But, already, the neo-cons are starting to thrash his character, just like the last two presidential elections.
Update 3: I did not like clinton. I never vote for non-veterans. I did not support any of his policies, except when he reduced government.