Is NY the most beautiful city in the world?

If no,which is the most beautiful city in the world?

Favorite Answer

While I don't think it's the most beautiful city in the world (it's hard to beat many European cities like Milan, Paris, Prague), to say that it ranks near the bottom is absurd. Central Park is gorgeous. The Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and many other skyscrapers are breathtaking. The brownstones in the Village, Harlem and Brooklyn are completely beautiful and the hi-rise apartments on the Upper East Side are elegant. The Brooklyn Bridge is my favorite bridge in the world. . There is beauty to be found even in the grittiest parts. I'm always awestruck at sunset in New York when the sun makes all the buildings glow in a brilliant orange. New York City is a beautiful, beautiful city

I must say, I kind of agree with Kasey,

but if it´s a beautiful city you´re after then in addition I would consider:

Vancouver, Auckland or Sydney - they are all built around water - however there are two others that have all the previous mentioned ingredients plus mountain meeting sea - Cape Town and Rio de Janeiro.

However, with the amount of crime that the last two have, can beauty be only skin deep?

I think we have to take the "personality" of a city into account as well.

So maybe NY is not a bad choice, but so too would be Amsterdam, with it´s canals, nightlife and "free" culture.

Anyone who reads this is going to say no and say their city is the most beautiful. I never think of a city as being beautiful. In my opinion, only the land outside of a city - wide open and free of congestion - can be classified as beautiful.

No, it probably ranks near the bottom. Prague, Czeck Republic is in my opinion the most beautiful followed by Budapest, Hungary; Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Bangkok, Thailand.

I wouldn't say that...there aren't enough green spaces and the architecture is a little overwhelming...I think that San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities...the mountainous ranges are astounding as well as the great weather.

I haven't seen all the cities - I haven't even been to all the continents, but of those I have seen, I found Calgary the most breathtaking.

TO bam_marge

Spain is not a city, is a country.

Brasil is not a city, is a country.

No. Try the Texas Hill Country.

i dont think its the most beautiful, but its amazing. other cities have more historical sites which make them beautiful. like paris, spain, brazil, etc. these places get on NYC.

Not quite. I think Phoenix is gorgeous.

Source(s): Been to both cities.