Problems with wireless lan gaming?

I want to know what I can do to improve how I play games over a wireless network at home. At the moment when I am playing certain games there seems to be lagging every now and then and even sometimes a total drop out in connection with one of the other computers until I restart the game. It becomes annoying when you cant finish a game. Any detailed advice would help, thanks.

Can anyone give me some help with this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I also have a wireless LAN gaming. In my opinion (and others) WLAN is slower than cable LAN. Especially if you place them far one another. Yes, WLAN may be neat but maybe you can consider to use a wired LAN.

• cozzi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

examine if the two computers have an identical workgroup call. ensure the records (video games) are shared on the two computers. See if the sport literature has something to assert approximately your subject. the different solutions above are additionally very authentic, somewhat mixing XP and VIsta; not something yet problem. Run any community diagnostics obtainable on your device. After making any differences, restart the laptop and attempt back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.