who came up with the idea of smoking marijuana first?

i was watching a show and it mentioned that hemp was used to make ropes and other useful items in china then america started to grow it and make ropes and such. But who came up with the bright idea to smoke it first? were they really that bored? nothing to do? why would someone just pick up a weed and smoke it? how many other plants did they smoke before they got to that one and stopped? just wondering.

Best Answer

Actually hemp is a different plant than mary jane. It has no thc content. They are in the same family but not the same plant. People have been smoking pot though for thousands of years.

And yes it is possible to get that bored. I know as I once smoked a 1 foot bong of bbq pringles. It tastes like burning.

I believe the whole thing started when accidentally the ropes were set on fire and people figured out that if they inhale the smoke from the burning ropes they feel kinda weird...

The next step was that they took a piece of rope, light it at the end and sucked on it like a cigarette.

Well George Washington smoked it and that was quite a while back.

It has been around for a very long time. Would not surprise me if the oriental countries first smoked it for there religious beleives.....

Source(s): Legal Medical Marijuana Card Holder

A smack head lol. :)