Visiting Bradenton, FL March 24 for 2wks.What are fun things to do with my in-laws and 3 yr old daughter?

What will the weather be like?

My in-laws always insist on us taking date nights when we're with them, so thats not an issue. I'm looking for something specific all of us would enjoy.

• L J
    Favorite Answer

Bradenton is divided along I-75, into east and west. West Bradenton is where I live. We have beautiful beaches on Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key. That's enough as far as I'm concerned, but... Downtown we have a museum and planetarium which also houses Snooty, our manatee that was born in captivity. He's over 50. Longboat Key also offers St. Armand's Circle which is worth the trip just to window shop. The Pittsburgh Pirates also winter here and it's always fun to spend the afternoon watching them. The Gamble Plantation in Ellenton is near the outlet mall and is great way to spend a morning or afternoon. If you do go to Ellenton, be sure to go to Hickory Hollow BBQ which was voted one of the best in the nation by USA Today. Another food place to not miss is the Star Fish Market and Restaurant in Cortez. Everything there is fantastic -- but get there at an odd time as it is season and crowded. Cortez is special because it is one of the only remaining historic fishing villages in the state. On the island, as far as nice restaurants go, try the Bridgetender, the Sun House or the Sign of the Mermaid. Otherwise, its Skinny's for the best burgers, Gulf Drive Cafe for great breakfasts, and also the Rod and Reel Pier. Landside, Anna Maria Oyster bar is good and very kid friendly. In Sarasota there is the Sarasota Jungle Gardens, the Ringling Museum and G Wiz which is a kid's science museum. We are centrally located and Orlando and Disney are 2 hours away and Tampa (Busch Gardens, Lowry Park Zoo, Ybor City) is 1 hour away.

I will admit the beach is what we're famous for, but Bradenton is a nice little town. There are a lot of cool shops all over, and it's a fun place to live. I hope you have a nice trip.

There isn't much of a night life here in Bradenton. A new resturant/bar called Tequila Beach just opened on Manatee Ave. It's nice, the age is a variety and there is a live band. The Beach House on Gulf Drive on the island is a nice resturant with a live band. You could always go to McCurdy's comedy theatre in Sarasota, that's always fun. If your up to a 45 min drive you could hit the Hard Rock casino in Tampa.The person above me covered just about everything!

The best thing to do with the in-laws is to have them baby sit for the 3 year old. You go out and have fun.