United States Capitols and states?

I need Help trying to memorize the united states states and capitals any suggestions????

Favorite Answer

This may sound childish but this is how I learned it when I was younger. I had a picture of the US with states and capitals listed. Then I put something that I liked ( I think it was Teddy Grams) on each state. If I got the capital right I was allowed to eat the cookie. If I didn't I had to put the cookie back in the box. I'd practice this every night... needless to say though I learned them pretty quickly. My parents also used this technique with my sister. Twelve years later, we both still remember the states and capitals at the drop of a hat. But hey, if you don't want to do this... I suppose flash cards always work. Remember though motivation always gets the job done. I really hope this helps!

• fcas80

Fifty sounds like a lot. Do it in small groups instead.

Do it geographically, five states at a time. Start with the five Northeastern states. Certainly you can memorize those five, right? Then memorize the next five, but go back and review the first five. Continue until you have them all.

You can do it.

background previous capitols earlier 1800, a minimum of 8 different homes and eight different cities have hosted Congress, going back to the 1st Continental Congress. simply by fact the ratification of u . s . of america shape, Congress has basically met in 2 different homes. The capitol replaced into first placed in manhattan, with Congress assembly in city hall (Federal hall) from 1785 to 1790.[4] whilst the rustic's capital moved to Philadelphia, the Philadelphia County construction (Congress hall) served simply by fact the capitol from 1790 to 1800.

write them all down on flashcards. like state on one side and capital on the other

• QT

ya talk 2 me an ill answer u ?s

ask me in diff ones ill help u im awesome in it or go to"

http://www.quia.com/jg/4.html

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm

flash cards,,,works everytime