In Nairobi, Kenya, which hotel is nicer: Intercontinental or the Hilton?

Looking for a hotel with lots of on-site amenities and restaurants. Also interested in where both of these hotels are located (ex. business district, etc)

• Favorite Answer

The two hotels are located in Nairobi's central district and they are about 350 metres apart. They both enjoy a perfect location in the heart of Kenya's capital and provides the business and leisure markets with a superb selection of facilities. hilton rooms are air-conditioned and have satellite TV, electronic safes, electronic locks and mini bar. Four restaurants are available and one Pub with live entertainment. The Hilton Hotels Traveller's Restaurant features Italian, Mediterranean, Continental and African cuisine. The Pool Garden Restaurant serves both a la carte and barbecue. The Café Americain is famous for delicious coffees and pastries and La Patisserie for quick snacks and cakes. Special recreational amenities include a heated swimming pool, health club facilities, gymnasium, sauna, steam bath and massage. The Ballroom and four meeting rooms can host up to 500 guests.

Intercon hotel has 385 rooms feature cable/satellite TV, in-room movies, mini bar, safety deposit box, two phones with voicemail, work desk with lamp, internet connection, hairdryer, separate hanging closet, iron and ironing board, and individually controlled air-conditioning.

Guest unwind after a day of touring at the hotel’s Health Club and Fitness Center. Take a dip in the 15m outdoor swimming pool or Jacuzzi. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Turkish bath, or sauna session. Fitness equipment and professional fitness instructors are also available.

Both hotels have 24 hour movies, Foreign Currency Exchange, Dry Cleaning and Laundry Service and a Gift Shop.

Local attractions include Nairobi National Park and a nearby golf course. The Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is only a 20-minute drive from the two hotels.

Both are close to each other in the city centre. I've stayed in both. Both could use a renovation or two but both decent. If I had my pick, I'd stay at the Intercon (I admit I'd opt for the Intercon over the Hilton in most places). One of the other answers has copied info from the websites about the restaurants and amenities in each.

Source(s): Go to Nairobi often for work.

the hilton is the five star rate of hotel..so u better choose that

They are both in the shannty area off river road nice place to get mugged, and haressed by the glue sniffing kids.

I'd post this question on the forums on Tripadvisor.com. Good luck.