Anyone know what there is to do in El Paso, Texas??

I will be visiting there on the weekends soon. Does anyone know of any weekend activities in or around El Paso??

Favorite Answer

There's some good shopping downtown if that's what your into, bring a phrasebook(if your Spanish is rusty) and go podie before, because bathrooms are not that accessible. There is a zoo and a few museums, although they are not really that impressive. Also a mission trail with some historic missions(which I found a little dull).Everyone always raves about Chico's Tacos, people come from all over to eat there. Nearby Sunland Park has a casino and a small amusement park.

This website below is what I use to plan out some excursions for my family on weekends, maybe it will help you out.

You can also check out Juarez on the Border Jumper for a small fee- and that's really the safest way to do it. If you go over alone, I recommend you use extreme caution and travel in a group, especially if you are female. Don't venture too far from the main areas. If you have any questions or I can help you with directions, please don't hesitate to ask. I live here and have been to many, though not all, of these places.

http://www.visitelpaso.com/things_see_do.sstg

El Paso has the Border Patrol museum ... granted, it's not Disneyland ... but it's okay.

There's the Sunland Park Casino (if you're over 21).

And, of course, Juarez is close. Not the world's most exciting city, but I sure like it there.