I have a Cherry Dining Room Table. Someone set a hot plate on it and now there's a white spot. Help!?

Favorite Answer

You should get some wood stain paint that is cherry colored and paint over it lightly. That should hide it, either that or put place mats down on the table to hide the spot and prevent it from happening again. I know sometimes place mats can look pretty hideous, but if you find the right ones, they can make all the difference.

After sanding the white spot off..Mix instant coffee with water until it's thick as paste and apply to the spot and leave for a few minutes .then take clean cloth and remove the excess coffee from table..This should help

Use a really hot hair dyer to remove the water/moisture spot then shine it to heck with Murphy's oil soap. Be careful not to hold the hair dyer to close you can ruin the finish.

It needs to be refinished by sanding lightly, then find a stain close to the original color, if you can't find a match the whole table should be sanded. Try re-stor ,found in wood working supply store.

Get you a can of Howard Restor-A-Finish.Just wipe it on then wipe it off.Great stuff. I use it all the time when I buy old and antique furniture.I like to restore the finish.Not Refinish.

Take a look at this site: howardsproducts.com/restora.html

This product can be purchased at many hardware store or Lowe's.Hope this helps.

Source(s): howardsproducts.com/restora.html

Buy a tablecloth.

And tie it around the person who put the hot thing on your table and kick them down a hill.

My sugestion would be 1st use Murpheys oil soap and Scotch-brite pad to clean and polish the damaged area. Then use formby's re-finisher polish and fine steel wool pad to restore the finish.

• MT C

You will probably have to refinish the table top to get rid of the white spot.