Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have a Cherry Dining Room Table. Someone set a hot plate on it and now there's a white spot. Help!?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should get some wood stain paint that is cherry colored and paint over it lightly. That should hide it, either that or put place mats down on the table to hide the spot and prevent it from happening again. I know sometimes place mats can look pretty hideous, but if you find the right ones, they can make all the difference.

• 1 decade ago

After sanding the white spot off..Mix instant coffee with water until it's thick as paste and apply to the spot and leave for a few minutes .then take clean cloth and remove the excess coffee from table..This should help

• 1 decade ago

Use a really hot hair dyer to remove the water/moisture spot then shine it to heck with Murphy's oil soap. Be careful not to hold the hair dyer to close you can ruin the finish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It needs to be refinished by sanding lightly, then find a stain close to the original color, if you can't find a match the whole table should be sanded. Try re-stor ,found in wood working supply store.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get you a can of Howard Restor-A-Finish.Just wipe it on then wipe it off.Great stuff. I use it all the time when I buy old and antique furniture.I like to restore the finish.Not Refinish.

Take a look at this site: howardsproducts.com/restora.html

This product can be purchased at many hardware store or Lowe's.Hope this helps.

Source(s): howardsproducts.com/restora.html
  • 1 decade ago

Buy a tablecloth.

And tie it around the person who put the hot thing on your table and kick them down a hill.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My sugestion would be 1st use Murpheys oil soap and Scotch-brite pad to clean and polish the damaged area. Then use formby's re-finisher polish and fine steel wool pad to restore the finish.

• MT C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You will probably have to refinish the table top to get rid of the white spot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.