Is Laron Landry really as good as Michael Griffin?

Sure you can preach their 40 times, bench reps, and '06 stats. and you can do like most of america and only watch each players' highlight reels. But looking at the two of them on the field in every situation with no highlight editing, I find it hard to argue that Landry is as good as Griffin. What do you think?

And please dont send any of that ra-ra college football bullshit. If you dont have a legitimate answer, then please find another question

Favorite Answer

umm. well. landry is a beast. i know that 40 time says nothing about playing speed. and he struggles somewhat in coverage. compared to griffin but what is great about him is intensity. he brings it to the ball carrier no matter the size or strength.

griffin is a cover guy. im not saying he cant play the run. but in the end. he isnt going to come up to the line and take on the lineman/fullbacks. landry has the size to to that.

landry and griffin are hard to compare. they have different playing styles and completely different talents. but i would side with griffin. as being a guy to make a solid contribution to a NFL team.

most teams find landry. who is like like cromartie. in the sense that he is big and athletic. but has some flaws in his playing. basically raw talent.

I think that Griffin is a little bit better of a defender and a HUGE special teams asset. In this past '06 season, Griffin was stuck defending the run, and was unable to drop back into the cover 2 where he is the most effective. so I tend to rewind (as the nfl scouts at the combine did) to the 2005 season when he was playing next to michael huff. Granted, I don't think either of them are as good as Michael Huff, but I think Griffin is a better pick this year. Not to mention the fact that he is a great gunner, and currently holds the 2nd place ncaa career record for blocked punts (8)

landry reminds me of ronnie lott in the way he knocks the crap out of people. after watching laron over the last 4 yrs in tiger stadium , his cover skills improved every year but he just amazes people with his ability to close on the ball and/or receiver and simply never seems to give up on a play. I will admit that I haven't seen Griffin play that much, but I have a hard time believing that there are to many people with the talent that landry has, and any team can secure their secondary by drafting him.

Laron Landry will be the defensive rookie of the year for the falcons next year. u watch

Durring texas's Championship run I thought that Griffin was alot better than Micheal Huff (from what I seen)

I don't kno why he is always overlooked or why his draft stock is slipping

i think landry is better, but giffin is very good 2.... and ive been hearing him in the second round which would b an absoulte steal.

you wait laron landry is the best safety in his class.

lol