Is it true that Iranians are offended to be considered "arabic". If so is this because they are closer to

Asians or Indians than to arabic peoples? Serious question.

I know they have a different language and culture, but what other differences are there between these cultures? Are they different racially/genetically?

Update:

By "Persia", what is the difference in the lieage of these peoples? I guess what Im asking is where did the arabic and persian lineage split or change?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They're Aryans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan

Its just because they have a different culture and language, and a rich history of their own.

• 1 decade ago

its about own culture and persian wants to be called persian like I dont want to be called persian as iam an arab but i think persian look similar in the shape but the language and the culture is totally different but Islam is what connects us together

• 1 decade ago

Because they are not Arabs they are Persians, that's why.

Most ethnic groups are labeled by the language they speak. Persians speak the Persian language and Arabs speak the Arabic language.

• 1 decade ago

Iranians consider themselves to be Persians (that as the country's name before it was changed).

They are closer to Arabic peoples (inspite of what they say).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I believe that many Iranians are of Persian descent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The insanity amongst the cultures in the middle east of who is who is simply incomprehensible, their all Arabic!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They both worship the same god both hate jews and are intent on destroying america.

• 1 decade ago

what??? all i can say is that they look very middle eastern. and they do look very arabic to me. they certainly don't look chinese.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.