Algebra II - Solving Linear Systems (Three Variables) With Inverse Matrices?

I am usually good with word problems, but this one has me stuck. "You are making mosaic tiles from three types of stained glass. You need 6 squae feet of glass for the project and you want there to be as much iridiscent glass as red and blue glass combined. The cost of a sheet of glass having an area of... show more I am usually good with word problems, but this one has me stuck.

"You are making mosaic tiles from three types of stained glass. You need 6 squae feet of glass for the project and you want there to be as much iridiscent glass as red and blue glass combined. The cost of a sheet of glass having an area of 0.75 square foot is $6.50 for iridiscent, $4.50 for red, and $5.50 for blue. How many sheets of each type should you purchase if you plan to spend $45 on the project?"

Assume x is for iridiscent, y is for red and z is for blue. What would the three equationgs in the system be? From then on, I can solve it with matrices.
1 answer 1