Ideas for a paper for my International Finance course?

I have a 3 page Int'l Finance paper to turn in and I would like some ideas. The paper is on how my company would use one or more of the following financial vehicles to invest money:

Swaps

Options

Futures

Forwards

I work for a non-profit health care facility that aquires most of its funds through state funding and grants.

Any Ideas?????

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I would think an easy one might be:

Let's say your company will pioneer a new facility in Russia in 1 year (hypothtical). You know the construction cost will be $500 million Rubbles. Assuming Russian currency is on a float, you don't know how many dollars that will be in the future, so you decide to use a forward contract to lock in an exchange price.

Separately, you may decide to purchase a one year option on Rub. exchange rate that allows you to exchange at a certain rate but does not obligate you to do so.

• 3 years ago

Low expenses of pastime inspired borrowing yet quicker or later in time you could desire to understand that duty commonly lies with the client & banking establishments. Governments failure replaced into no longer regulating the economic establishments to insure that the loans banks have been offering weren't predatory in nature & that the persons had the means to re-pay the loans. that's loopy the banks have been allowed to furnish persons & couples housing loans that when you do the maths (own loan, coverage, nutrition expenses etc.) that they could be left with little money to emergencies / different expenses. those loans would not have been authorized.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.