Ideas for a paper for my International Finance course?

I have a 3 page Int'l Finance paper to turn in and I would like some ideas. The paper is on how my company would use one or more of the following financial vehicles to invest money:

Swaps

Options

Futures

Forwards

I work for a non-profit health care facility that aquires most of its funds through state funding and grants.

Any Ideas?????

Best Answer

I would think an easy one might be:

Let's say your company will pioneer a new facility in Russia in 1 year (hypothtical). You know the construction cost will be $500 million Rubbles. Assuming Russian currency is on a float, you don't know how many dollars that will be in the future, so you decide to use a forward contract to lock in an exchange price.

Separately, you may decide to purchase a one year option on Rub. exchange rate that allows you to exchange at a certain rate but does not obligate you to do so.

Low expenses of pastime inspired borrowing yet quicker or later in time you could desire to understand that duty commonly lies with the client & banking establishments. Governments failure replaced into no longer regulating the economic establishments to insure that the loans banks have been offering weren't predatory in nature & that the persons had the means to re-pay the loans. that's loopy the banks have been allowed to furnish persons & couples housing loans that when you do the maths (own loan, coverage, nutrition expenses etc.) that they could be left with little money to emergencies / different expenses. those loans would not have been authorized.