Do you think that Brian Joubert can beat Evgeni Plushenko?

Can he take the gold from him???

Favorite Answer

They are both high-quality scatters, but I think who is going to beat who is the thing of a moment, pressure etc. Although Plushenko has the highest score in new judging system Joubert has beaten him before, so anything is possible. :)

No, I do not think Brian Joubert can beat Evgeni Plushenko.

Brian is a great skater but he doesn't seem to have as many credentials as Plushenko. Plushenko won the Olympics, although he may retire after winning the "big fish". This could leave the door open for Brian. So Brian take the Gold, but I dno't think he will beat or defeat Plushenko.

Source(s): my opinion :D

Nope, I don't think so. Evgeni Plushenko is the best, he has posted the highest overall score in the new judging system. Brian Joubert is still a few points behind him no matter how many quads he does, because his presentation just is not as good as Plushenkos. I do like Brian Joubert, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to beat Plushenko.

I think that if he tries his best and puts on a great performance he can steal the gold right under evgeni's nose. but nowadays many people hav been saying how evgeni has been training constantly the past few months. he still has a chance. if anything i think Joubert will be on the podium but it's still to early to tell. anything could happen to either one of them before the olympics. but yes it is possible that joubert could take it. i mean if shizuka arakawa could take gold then anything is possible in the mens category.

brian has beaten him before, and if he can land three quads in a program, and evgeni can only land one(what he usually does) then i think joubert would win. Evgeni often is overmarked though...think 2006 olympics.... and so the judes might give gold to plusenko anyway.

Source(s): watching figure skating for years.