Can i get you to take a look at these rules?
Well im guessing at least some of you go out to eat at a fast food some times and as you know I am a disgruntled mcdonalds employee. I would like to share with you a few things I see that if you paid attention to and followed, i am sure things would go so much smoother. yeah, i had to work all day in the window taking money from people in drive thru. I was bored so i just thought of some stuff that you should and shouldnt do in the drive thru. Im not complaining, dont get me wrong... just writing something that i think would help if all people knew.
Topic A: MONEY
1) Please have your money ready when you get to the window. Usually we tell you what the price is after you place your order. If for some reason we dont, you could still have an amount that would cover it ready. its just so much faster if you have your money ready.
2)When you hand us your money please dont hand it to us all folded up, or in a bundle or a wad. its so annoying to have to seperate all your bills and such. Just seperate it yourself, dont be so lazy..
Topic B: Drive Tru Courtesy; Tips to the Arrogant
3) Did you mom ever tell you it wasnt nice to stare? Yes, staring is rude. While waiting for your change, please dont stare at the person. Standing at a window for 8 hours, you start to notice you have a lot of starers. and no, i didnt have a booger, im not wierd looking. i guess people just like to stare. Nobody likes that.
4)When placing your order at the box thingy, there is no need for yelling. But dont whisper either. regular talking voice is about right, unless you have a big truck. we cant hear you over your deisels.
5) Dont talk so freaking fast. I mean, there is alot of buttons to push if you have a big order. and you wonder why we have to ask you what you to repeat your order!
Topic C: We Are Not Psychic!
6)Ok, I know Mcdonalds employees are just so smart and all, we are not freakin phychic. this brings me to a few points. I noticed today while listening in on the headset when people were taking orders... that when asked what they would like to drink with that, some people were like "uh - a Dr.Pepper" really rude like we were supposed to know. Im sorry we cant read your minds.
7) That brings me to the other point, this one is really one of the ones that get my obdula oblongata firing. lol. (rememer thats what makes alligators so darn ornery!) Its the fact that you dont tell us when your done ordering. Instead you decide that your just gonna sit there because we know when your done ordering.Right? Well were not mind readers so speak up and tell us when "thats all")
Topic D: Kids.
8) Some of you may have little pets that you may call your children.They are not acceptable order placers. You may think its cute, but we dont.
9)Shut your kids up. I dont know how many times i have to throw my headset down because some little kid was crying so loudly that even when i turn it all the way down it still hurts to hear them scream. I remember back in the day when spanking wasnt child abuse. i think the world would be a better place if we all just spanked children, but what ever. do it the way you want to, thats not what this is about.
The Final Rule: The Food Cardinal Rule
10) Dont mess with the people who make your food. Im not afraid to use this rule.
If anything angered you in this blog, then im assuming your guilty of breaking a few of these rules. im not sorry if ive offended you and i dont care if you dont agree. You can follow or not, these are just a few things that annoy the hell out of me
----yours truly, a disgruntled employee.
- Jack SLv 51 decade agoBest Answer
I'm with you 100% on all that. I used to work at McDonald's. The employees were fine (even the manager was cool) but the customers were absolutely disgusting. I actually saw some psycho throw a glass bottle at a 16 year old girl because he found out we charged 25 cents for extra sauce. (the bottle missed, thankfully) Unfortunately things never really got any better, so I eventually quit, and I suggest that you, as an intelligent sounding person, do the same. You can do better.
- 1 decade ago
As long as you can A get my order right the first time not so i have to pull aside halfway home to find out that my big mac is just a double cheese or my fish sand is a chicken sand etc also when i say no onions i mean no onions not this thing thats been sittin around for like half your shift looking like hell froze over and another thing when i ask for no ice I mean zero notta not 1 stinkin piece of ice I pay a 1.50 for this crap if i want Ice I'll go buy a friggin bag for a buck at 7-11 oh yeah and 1 more rule dont try to short change my *** or overfreakin charge me like the last chump did awhile back yes I've workin 20 years in restaurants you cant tell me anything I aint herd or been through ,.
- 1 decade ago
Have a chill pill, a drink or even a smoke....deep breath.... I understand what you are saying, but not everyone is rude. People make mistakes and forget from time to time. In my case the last time I went thru the drive threw I don't think I should have to ask for a straw or a napkin to me that is common since it should already be in the bag. Those people that are they should look at there order very closely, they might be surprised what they find. I saw this on TV last weekend.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I really liked your question...in fact, you can tell a lot about a person from the way they treat staff at drive thru's, restaurants, retail, etc. Girls...if your date is a jerk to those people RUN!! He'll treat you the same one day. I believe in your rules and it's enlightening to someone who has never worked a drive-thru. More questions of this ilk would be interesting as we ALL have things people should stop doing to make this work world rat race a little easier to tolerate.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Omni DLv 51 decade ago
Most of your rules are simply common sense and courtesy. And I know how badly front-line customer service people can be treated, and it's awful.
But there is absolutely no excuse for contaminating someone's food, as you imply at the end. That is unbelievably dangerous and immoral, and I don't care how pissy the customer was.
- •♦๑•TxRose•♦๑•Lv 71 decade ago
Hey, u'd love me as ur customer..I follow all those "rules"! I just think of them as common courtesy.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Some of you may have little pets that you may call your children.
just know that you are a little pet too, young PUP.
- metooLv 71 decade ago
That is why I park in a handicap spot and go inside....for my nutritious meal..
- a_r_cool123Lv 51 decade ago
haha! I think I follow these rules, especially the last one!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Sure, rules were made to be broken, and I will brake them!!!