White interior v. brown interior trim, is it a North/South thing?

Have lived in the South a number of years and love my house with it's big white interior trim and am now looking at Northern homes and what's with all the brown? Looks gloomy to me. Is it really the going thing? Next I'll need the number of a good painting company.

Favorite Answer

Coming from "up north" it was quite a shock buying our first home in Florida with all the white, open spaces. Our home in Michigan had all natural wood trim, oak cabinets, etc... I think it is a LITTLE of a north/south thing. But we are now building our 3rd home in Florida and I have changed to granite counters, maple cabinets. I still have white doors and trim.... Looks good...

I'm from the south and we are remodeling our house. I love the white interior becase it brightens everything up and makes a home look bigger. I also would go with with becuse if you get a small dent it won't show up as badly as it would with brown.

I hope I've been helpful!!!