Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

creating a comic book advice please...?

Recently, I've been working on a comic book and it's is A LOT LOT harder than I thought it would be. It is hard to start the boxes and drawing the sequences in them, small. I don't like drawing small. How do I start??? Should I do it on my computer or continue to do it by hand on normal paper?? any advice? Please help. My inspiration is fading...

Favorite Answer

It'd be good to do all the pages with the boxes on computer, that would be much easier and leave you more time to do what's really important-the artwork, which you should do by hand but colour can be done on computer or you could get those special coloured ink pens comic book artists use and do it traditional. However remember that a lot of comic books are printed smaller than A4 format but that probabaly shouldn't be a major obstacle if you print smaller with smaller paper sheets. Before embarking on drawing this comic it's best to create a folio of sorts with several clear drafts of your characters(different poses, facial expressions etc)for reference. Also you should paln out the story and writesome sort of script. I know that all sounds a bit complicated for what may be a small project, then again chances are you're doing this with a group of friends. Good luck!

*chuckle* mee too, i hate drawing in little boxes. I'm doing the same thing but BEFORE u make a comic, practice drawing and sceneries. Make a good storyline, something good. U know what? Think of ALL the greatest movies ever made and have won awards for it. Take the movies and think what was the plot and conflict between the main characters. If u think it's good, make something LIKE THAT- don't copy. I think my storyline is great and I'm on Vol 2 doing my litttle comic lol! Check out the covers but im not comeplety done with them:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q155/yugioh_1_f...

so just brainstorm and make something good. Keep believing thast it'll turn out great, and it will. Can't wait to see ur comic book in the future!! Hope this hepled.

first of all i iwould try to make a sketch of wat is going to happen if evey page then i would make boxes on my computer on print it out and draw watever i ned to and shade and ink them but if are try ing publish this in any way try to make it short