How do you get crazy glue off of prescription plastic eye glasses? Thank you in advance?

Favorite Answer

You can try acetone nail polish remover. Better to take them an optometrist office and have them try to remove it for you.

I used to be an optician and we had a lot of people come in with this. You can try rubbing alcohol, I would not try the acetone (nail polish remover). If you have polycarbonate lenses they will craze horribly. There is also an acetone replacement that some optical shops carry. It gets off things like crazy glue without harming the lenses, so if the rubbing alcohol doesn't work, take it to a small optical store, probably locally owned is best, places like Lenscrafters, etc will not do this for you because of the liability.

Good luck!

• PH

i tried using nail polish remover for taking off crazy glue, and that stuff ate away the lenses and anythiing else made of plastic it came in contact with.

I only soaked them for like 10 minutes too. My glasses were totally ruined

I dont know what you can use, but if you use nail polish remover, be very very careful, better yet, try something else.

Soak your glasses in water with a bit of lemon juice for 12 hours or overnight.

Nail polish remover but if your glass's are coated this could remove that also. You might be smart to check with a place who sells eye glass's.

• Answer

Rub the glue spot with a sugar cube. It works.

Source(s): EXPERIENCE!

Try to run it under hot water. It should work. But if it doesn't I suggest that you should search the web for a answer. I hope that my suggestion helped you.

Try vinegar

Sorry you have to replace the lens

sorry you cant it melts the plastic