Is it bad to leave the country during the naturalization process?

I am a college student, interested in going on a round-the-world trip during the summer. However, I am getting my fingerprints in two weeks and my interview is supposed to occur sometime in March. I've heard that the entire process takes longer if you leave the country while the naturalization papers are being... show more I am a college student, interested in going on a round-the-world trip during the summer. However, I am getting my fingerprints in two weeks and my interview is supposed to occur sometime in March. I've heard that the entire process takes longer if you leave the country while the naturalization papers are being processed (after the interview). Is that true? Are there any other disadvantages?
Update: Sorry, forgot to mention that I already have my green card. This is for citizenship.
1 answer 1