Starting birth control pill on last day of your cycle + other medications question?

Hi everyone, I have 3 questions, 1. I've started on birth control pills again, however i started on the last day of my menstrual cycle (last day of bleeding). I know you're supposed to start from the first day of bleeding. the doctor told me it would decrease the effectiveness of the pill for the rest of... show more Hi everyone, I have 3 questions,

1. I've started on birth control pills again, however i started on the last day of my menstrual cycle (last day of bleeding). I know you're supposed to start from the first day of bleeding. the doctor told me it would decrease the effectiveness of the pill for the rest of the month. however, on the instructions inside the packet it said if pill was started from 5-7th day of cycle, it would decrease effectiveness of the pill for the 1st week, but i would be protected for the rest of the month. Which one should i believe? anyone had personal experience?

2. Is there a possible chance of pregnancy if unprotected sex occurred 1-2days before your menstrual cycle? (this is just something i've been pondering on for awhile)

3. I know antibiotics affects BC pills, but does diet pills affect the effectiveness of bc pills at all? i.e. diet pills that speeds up metabolism by X-times, since those tablets increase heart rate and blood circulation.

THANKS :)
1 answer 1