My Reaction to tone of voice...or Verbal abuse? looking to understand?

My boyfriend frequently has what sounds to me like a negative tone of voice---

When he is trying to fix something...He sounds mean, and commanding, when i think he could say things in a neutral way,or in a more kind manner, or he says something like, madly, what do you think you are doing! OR in accusing tone, or so you did so and so, instead of asking neutrally if I did something---

I feel hurt, and when I try to say something about his tone, he says he is feeling it, and i need to get over it, not make it my problem. THat i choose to feel bad, so its my problem not his

This negativity seems unneccessary. Sure, I could take on a "whatever" stance and just let him "FEEL" all over the place. I just do not find being around that to feel good, or to be productive in communicating or solving problems.

Is this verbal abuse? He says that is my negative judgement, telling me to get over it.

any ideas?

my TOne and heart listening, hoping to understand...

Favorite Answer

This likely has less to do with abuse and more to do with you two finding a compromise. If something bothers either of you, you need to sit down and find a way to work it out. Maybe you can tell yourself this is just him feeling frustrated and has little to do with you and he can work on expressing himself differently.

Sit down with him when he is NOT frustrated and angry, when you have time to talk, and just let him know how his tone makes you feel - and you realize this is his stuff and not yours, but it affects you and you'd appreciate his help in finding a better way to communicate.

Sounds like what he's really saying is, "Don't take it personally." Guys generally won't say that unless they mean it. You should never put up with a guy calling you names or screaming at you. This sounds like it's just more about him expressing his frustrations in a way that makes you uncomfortable.

a reliable wide-spread practitioner has following factors.. *His social or verbal substitute skills with the sufferers which constitutes both verbal and non-verbal (body language) verbal substitute...As our career is a community provider. *He must be a function sort (a wide-spread practitioner who tells his/her sufferers to stop smoking ought to no longer be considered smoking outdoors the wellbeing facility 5 minutes after the affected individual leaves.. the position's the intergrity in this proper?) *He must be in a position to communicate in a way the affected individual is conscious (no longer going off on the houses of amino acids... etc. etc) as this would come out as conceitedness *He, ideally ought to follow up on his sufferers ... provide them telephone calls to make sure how they're doing *The wide-spread practitioner must be prepared for instance!!... this is going alongside o.k. with preventive wellbeing care. The wide-spread practitioner ought to provide the sufferers the fishing rods, truly than the fish. If a wide-spread practitioner is commonplace with the way for instance his/her affected individual what to do and what no longer to do, the final practitioner will be in a position to assist the affected individual substitute his life-form for the further appropriate so as that the affected individual would not ought to save coming decrease back. *>And very last yet no longer the least he must be smart, as a lot as date, And maximum Of all moral. Dr Suraj A ok