which one of the search engines do You prefer Google or Yahoo and why.?

i am doing a project about Google and i wanted to know which serch engine is better, Google vs Yahoo. and also who do you think is making more profit, google or yahoo.

Favorite Answer

I definetly think Google is beter. More results. More answers. More exact. However Yahoo! isn't that bad itself. I guess Google is just more popular. And that would probably make Google have more money.

That and Google has a translator ! A life saver for last minute french projects LOL

The end =]

Actually though I prefer Google to Yahoo, I do not believe either one is the better search engine. There is a new search tool called "Cha Cha". Someone before me has placed that in their response. However I wanted to give you a much better description of the search engine. Basically, with Cha Cha you have the option of asking a LIVE human, to find your answers for you. Now I know many may say "Wait a minute, I can find it in a matter of minutes by myself with Google", right? Well have you ever had a topic or question you just couldn't find the right answer for? Or got tired of searching page after page after page? That's what Cha Cha is for. You can also simply search through answers already previously found by Cha Cha guides! Not only is it a wonderful search engine(far superior to Google, IMO-and I am a LONG time Google fan!)-but it's also a great income opportunity for people who are willing to put in some work to be a guide! They also have this really neat toolbar now. I use it myself, as it's much simpler than always having to go to Google or Yahoo-when I've got it right there on my desktop. It doesn't take up much space and is virus and problem free(I am extremely careful about what I will and will not put on my system). If you'd like a link to the toolbar, you can email me here at my yahoo address babys1st03@yahoo.com . I can also share more information about Cha Cha if you'd like. It really is a great company that is simply booming. Google had no real competition before Cha Cha-now, they do.

Small Business Marketing Strategy: Target the up-and-coming search engines

While Google still rules the roost when it comes to Internet search engines, and Yahoo is firmly entrenched in second spot, a number of new start-ups are hoping to give them a run for their money. And a good small business marketing strategy would be to check them out and see how you can make them work for your site!

Some of the new up-and-comers include:

Powerset (www.powerset.com): A "natural language" search engine

Hakia (www.hakia.com): A "meaning-based" search engine

Wikia(www.wikia.com): A "community-based" search engine

ChaCha(www.chacha.com): A "social networking-based" search engine

Snap (www.snap.com): A search engine that offers visual previews

It's a smart small business marketing strategy to continue optimizing for the Google, Yahoo, and MSN search engines as they are by far and away the most popular -- but niche search engines could provide new opportunities to reach your market. Be sure to check them out!

• Google is making more profit, just go look at the stock symbols for each company. Google income reported 3.08 Bil Yahoo only 751.39 Mil.

In my opinion, google is better their search engine and finding new content quicker. However, I like Yahoo, because it does a much better job of finding smaller companies and information and returning the results regardless of the size of the website. For instance, you might have to dig five pages deep into a google search to find a smaller company that you are looking for, because their engine ranks the amount of traffic on that site and other big sites linking to it in order to show its placement in your search results.

I almost always use Google to search for anything. I don't really know why, but I guess it just seems like it does a better job of finding what I want.

Google by far...its so much easier to use..I hate yahoo...but this answer thing is pretty cool...

Google I would say is making more of a profit...they advertise everywhere..

Google is the best because it has become more popular than Yahoo.

Wish you good luck :)

Best regards

Waleed Mohamed

Professional Arabic Translation Services

http://www.arabictranslationexperts.com/

http://www.proz.com/profile/72523

http://www.english-arabic-translation-services.com...

You are an SEM Marketer disguised as a student. The answer is Google.

They are both entirely different kinds of search engines - so different types of searches go to different search engine.

Go to www.searchenginemarketing.com - loads of stats there.

google!

cause everytime i use the other.....the little geek guy comes out of my screen with his trigger fast delete finger and "zap" i'm gone!