Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

would putting myself into ketosis hurt me?

Dropping down to a 20 carb diet per day and forcing ketosis on my body are their any risks involved?

Favorite Answer

When the body starts using the alternative fuel fat, for its energy source it produces chemicals that have affects on many of the bodies organ systems. Some of the adverse side effects with circulating ketones include weakness, nausea, headache, confusion, dehydration and acetone-like smelling breath. The consequences could be serious for people with diabetes.

Ketosis producing diets concerns are likely to revolve around the health risks associated with lack of vitamins and minerals caused by insufficient carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are a rich source of micro-nutrients and other nutrition, like fiber.

Carbs are good for you - if you want to drop weight stick with small sensible meals and snacks I have lost 35 lbs in the past 4 months - here is what I do:

Breakfast - Bowl of Special K (I vary the varities) with a bananna or 1 cup of berries.

Lunch - Lean Cusiene

Afternoon snack - 1 100 calorie snack pack

Dinner - small portion of chicken breast ( usually about 1/2 of those huge ckn breasts with 2 cups of steamed veggies or a large salad 3 cups or so with salad spritzer dressing.

Need a snack at night? Keep it light - 100-200 calories

I exercise by doing cardio at least 3 times a week for at least 25 minutes at a time. At least twice I week I lift some weights.

GOOD LUCK.

Ketosis is horrible for your kidneys and liver. Not to mention you'll have horrible breath from the excess ketones being released into your body.

sure, it's known as destroying your liver and losing your gall bladder. Ever hear of ketoacidotic coma....it's fatal. Don't be stupid, don't cut carbs so low, just eat smart carbs.

Source(s): RN