Burrowing question...?

there is this burrow hole in my yard and it is a mound of grass above ground like a dome with a small entrance/ exit hole. what kind of animal made it?

i live in southwestern pa, by pittsburgh, and the mound is sizeable, probably not by insects. im not sure if it really is a mound or if it only made a mound shape because of the snow on top of it, which just melted

Favorite Answer

well if it´s a mole , then your going to have lot´s of little mound´s they will start coming up all over your garden . I would suggest you do something before they take over the whole of your garden, there are chemicals you can use . but if you have children and pets then No , May I suggest this way ?A way of discouraging them is put some old rags covered in creosote , and stuff them into there tunnels or or bury bottles upright as far as the neck , they don´t´like these two thing´s 1 the smell 2 the hum of the wind the bottles will make

Source(s): I

You didn't say where you were from, which would help, or how big the hole is, so I'm gonna guess and say probably a groundhog, or maybe a rabbit.

I would say a ground hog but it really depends were your living and what animals are common there.

either a gopher or mole

a mole

It could be a gofer

Source(s): c